mantis

Spro leoza bc reel

I was recently lucky enough to recive a parcel in the post containing a Spro leoza baitcast reel, upon opening the box the reel looked great, first thing I noticed about this reel was the single handle giving this little baitcaster the look of a real cranking machine and as reel ratio speed of 6:3:1 it would be awesome to pull stubborn fish away from structure. The drag is smooth with 9+ s/s bearings also for those who like myself are prone to the odd backlash the neat little magnetic brake dial will help eliminate backlash, so my first mission with this reel was a little dissappointing as the jack would not play during my allocated fishing time, however my dissappointment quickly faded as something with power and speed much greater than a jack had snached my beloved ikemen 90 lure flashes of a metric barra started to flash in my brain however their was no initial jump now I knew what had grabed it a bull shark about a meter long the fight was hard and long a testerment to the reel, platapus braid and the Spro ikemens trebles but the reel was a star and that cranking handle was perfect for this beast. This reel is nice & light so ergonomic in the hand, perfect for casting all day, this type of baitcaster reel is avalible in store on this site at a very reasonable price tag and if it can handle a small shark it will handle anything in a river, dam or eastury situation. 

image.jpg

image.jpg

• Like 3

58fe8e3c8c0d0_mantissig.jpg.89ea3ea5eb2e7d65009eacdcc97cec49.jpg

That's one way of testing the reel, did the job too, well done..

'' Mepps Spin Fishing Guru ''                                                                                                                                                                                                             g-Adrian working the Meander River fast water (Custom).JPG

I know these sharks inhabit the waterways up there, how far up towards the fresh?

Also wouldn't be jumping out of the kayak to grab it ... where is his mates .....

Excellent test on a reel straight out of the box as well....

Single handle looks the GO !!!

Great White

• Like 1

Yep great white this was in the brakish water about 200 mtrs from fresh, no mates landed this myself lol bit of struggle😂 the reel was awesome & the single handle is definately the go for tough fish, I have total faith that this bc can handle just about most species in the eastury situation 

• Like 2

22 hours ago, mantis said:

Yep great white this was in the brakish water about 200 mtrs from fresh, no mates landed this myself lol bit of struggle😂 the reel was awesome & the single handle is definately the go for tough fish, I have total faith that this bc can handle just about most species in the eastury situation 

LOL, not mates of yours .... mates of the "Bull Shark" ....... they are known to pack swim when young !!!!

What river / estuary are you fishing in ...

I reckon you are going to get many hours / years out of that new BC reel ....

Great White

Oh lol upper baffle, Yep there's quite a lot of em up there, first on a lure though, the ikemen did well the hooks were a little damaged though only to be expected lol I'll send a after shot of lure😉