Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
meppstas

Tasmanian giant fresh water lobsters...

1 post in this topic

Here's an article on the  Tasmanian fresh water lobster that has been bred in captivity, it was nearly  wiped out many years ago from over fishing..

It is now a protected species and there's a $10,000 fine for each one found in anyone's possession.. I have found lobster traps on a few occasions in the small hard to get to streams that I fish.. I pulled them out and destroyed them, also notified the IFS on the position where I found them.. They know this goes on but it's hard to find the ones who leave the pots in these small streams. They keep on the move to all these out of the way places like I do with my trout fishing small tannin streams.. But I'm doing the legal thing chasing trout and not lobsters..

http://www.news.com.au/national/tasmania/breakthrough-as-tasmanian-giant-freshwater-lobsters-bred-in-captivity/news-story/f4c0574b4ec6e178f225a120c704f8a8

cheers

Adrian

Edited by meppstas
3 people like this

'' Mepps Spin Fishing Guru ''                                                                                                                                                                                                             g-Adrian working the Meander River fast water (Custom).JPG